Monday, April 18, 2016

Progress Update

Hello All!

If you follow me on instagram (@mulattoimposter), you have seen me post about my journey to get back in shape given my new career and lifestyle. Well, I am happy to report, I AM BACK TO MY PREVIOUS LOWEST WEIGHT! I lost 25 lbs after gaining it back as a new commercial flight attendant. I attribute my weight gain to an ever-changing schedule, poor food options, and lack of creativity in regards to exercise.

With me used to cooking daily and exclusively using full service gyms (LA Fitness, Powerhouse) for the brunt of my initial weight loss journey, my knowledge of workouts that required little to no equipment, was minimal to say the least. After looking in the mirror and realizing that I had thrown away so much hard work, I knew it was up to me to make some serious changes. I'd always packed food with me for trips but much of it was processed and required a microwave. I began packing fresh fruits and vegetables when at all possible and ensuring I had healthy snack options. I ditched the Cokes and Sprites in the beverage cart, for bottles of water that I replenished throughout the day. As for my workouts, I browsed instagram and other social media outlets for body-weight exercises I could do anywhere, which was especially useful for hotels that didn't have large fitness centers. I also cut out all alcohol from my diet due to its high sugar content and the impact it has on your metabolism.

Within 12 weeks, I had lost 25 lbs and gotten back into my size 14 jeans comfortably. Now, with May approaching, I am about 20lbs from my goal weight and 35 from my stretch goal weight!! I couldn't be happier with the results. My lifestyle presents a constant challenge to stay focused, but I've learned that this journey has to be taken one day at a time and the end goal is just that, the END goal. As my favorite boss used to say, 'TRUST THE PROCESS!'

As always, if you need/want information on anything, please feel free to email me: themulattotruth@gmail.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment